Thursday, June 4, 2020

what is medicine ? what is a doctor?

                                                       what is medicine ? 
whats your answer for such a question . mainly it is medicine : is the science and practice of establishing the diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. medicine encompasses and variety of health care practices evolved to maintain and restore health by the prevention and treatment of illness. 


this is the modern answer most people will say and it is the scientific answer BUT what is medicine for you as a medical student or even normal person what do you see when you see a doctor working in hospital is it OMG he is amazing , he must be rich, he is handsome, he is kind, .... etc you see these are the real answers which will you keep going when you are burnt out after a long reading before exam date ask yourself why are you doing this ? well I don't want this to trun into some motivation speaking so...

I will share you my story on the day which made me realize how serious this new world of medicine is 😂
This was on my first semester days some people came to our lectures room and turn out they were my seniors first time to see they were talking about how hard medicine will be and that u will say goodbye to ur normal life and all that stuff honestly I wasn't even interested about them but on of them talked about a Charity Organization its name was PSO patients support organization as the name tell it support patients even I could tell that and he didn't talk a lot about it just said come and visit us not like the other organization which just kept talking all the day about their achievments so I said to myself checking out will do no harm so... I went and registered and guess what I liked them for real it I used to go one day per week for 3 or 4 hours (so the whole point of this if you find some charity stuff work INSIDE a hospital just go ahead without doubt or a second think it will definitly worth it ). I was walking in the corridor when I saw a girl whose pain was clear on her face she was with her mother and brother I think, she is really suffering wished her good luck said to myself and when I just passed them she fell to the ground and turned back to see what was happening I saw her writhing in pain on the floor I didn't know what is wrong with her, her mother was crying and her brother was confused and shocked didn't know what to do to help his own little sister I can't say I was shocked more than her family but I definitely shocked I said to myself lets help her but who I don't know anything by that time her mother start calling for a doctor I just felt helpless and ashamed though I was on my first semester I couldn't help her because I didn't know how that is the only thing that matters for me. I said to myself that must the feeling to be a DOCTOR and this real medicine I realized that I don't read for a high score on final exam or even a board exam all this won't matter if I became a doctor who can't save people lifes this scene dug deep in my brain and bones telling me what is meaning of a real doctor , A kind and compassionate person who does not look at people with arrogance, does his best to save the life of any injured person.



sorry for being a bit of talkative but I hope my story will inspire someone to be serious about this great job he was pleased with. 


I asked many people about the meaning of doctor and what is medicine before I wrote this and really I heard interesting answers , everyone has his own vision and definition to medicine and only this kind of people can reach highest horizons of medicine world because doing it for money will never be the right motivation you will find yourself procrastinating somewhere on the road take this advice from me always try to find the passion and a reason to love your job this the only way to be GREAT. 


This DeepInMed blog, please comment with your own stories and ideas about what is doctor and what does it mean to you. 
This is our first post on Miscellaneous section hope you like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

announcement

Hello everyone, this DeepInMed blog  to get the most effective use of the blog navigate to the bottom of the blog you will find bottom ( vie...